- 11 sentenced after two-year investigation to crack Swindon drugs ring
- Restaurant boss was kingpin as drugs gang is sent down
- Are Swindon's shoppers easy pickings for criminals?
- Almost £95m of government investment in Swindon's growth signed
- Police chief vows to deliver despite major budget cut
- Take the plunge for Boxing Day charity swim for Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- THE SHOT: Capturing winter mist
Massage therapist seeks sponsors
Nikki Roberts, a mobile massage therapist from Grange Park beat over 11,000 applicants to work for a charity of her choice, and is now looking for sponsors so she can continue.
Nikki, aged 41, was selected by the Vodafone World of Difference Programme to be funded for two months, offering massages to people in the Swindon MS Society. “I went to their homes - a lot have limited mobility and can't get to a conventional spas and anyway many live on disability benefits and can’t afford the treatments. Many with MS suffer from fatigue but have problems sleeping. The treatments helped them to relax and sleep better. For people in wheelchairs, lack of circulation in the legs is a problem. Massaging them helped to increase circulation.”
Nikki now wants to continue working for MS sufferers and needs sponsorship to cover costs and salary, either from one business or a number of individuals and businesses. “In return, I'm happy to wear T-shirts, badges, bags, and appear in publicity articles promoting the company.
“Often when people are ill, they receive very good medical treatment practically but are left feeling like a machine, not a human being. By giving people my undivided attention and a nice relaxing treatment once a week, they can start to feel human again.”
To sponsor Nikki contact email@example.com