- Swindon Disability Support Service awarded £6,700 grant from The Midcounties Co-operative
- Green light for first houses at Ridgeway Farm Swindon
- Waitrose build shows need for Swindon southern by-pass
- Forward Swindon announces the appointment of a new Chairman
- Tanwood Dance School wants to hear from former pupils
- Expanding North Swindon school in several stages
- Market brings Christmas spirit to Canal Walk
John Peel’s Shed - 14 February
John Peel’s Shed, the five star sell out smash theatre hit of the Edinburgh Festival, is at the Swindon Arts Centre on Tuesday 14 February 8pm.
In 2002, John Osborne won a competition on John Peel's Radio One show. His prize was a box of records that took eight years to listen to. This five-star, sell-out smash theatre hit of the Edinburgh Festival, broadcast on BBC Radio Four in December 2011, is an ode to radio, those records and anyone who's ever sought solace in wireless.
Inspired by Osborne’s acclaimed book Radio Head (Radio 4’s Book Of The Week) and featuring records previously owned by Peel.
“Shy and awkward but with a keen eye for a killer line and the significance of the trivia of daily life, Osborne sits somewhere between Tom Wrigglesworth and Daniel Kitson, which is a very good place to sit. I could have listened for hours” – * * * * * The Independent
“Beautifully-written, funny and poignant... Just as John Peel’s records changed his life this lovely, simple, beautifully executed show has enriched ours” – * * * * * The Scotsman
“One of the Top Ten Theatre Highlights of the Edinburgh Festival...
Funny, perceptive and charming” – * * * * The Telegraph
To book tickets for John Peel's Shed on Tuesday 14 February, priced £12, call the Arts Centre on 01793 614837.
To book online: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/147405
For more information about shows see www.swindon.gov.uk/artscentre
Culture Swindon is making culture visible, valued, enjoyed and easily accessed for the people of Swindon. See www.swindon.gov.uk/artsandculture