- Swindon Mayor issues statement of resignation
- From China to Coate Water. Animals Asia Swindon welcomes charity founder aboard dragon boat
- Pictures from the opening of Waitrose Swindon
- Celebrate St George in Swindon on 23 April
- Follow the 'tube' map to a Swindon pub
- Historic steam locomotives head to Swindon & Cricklade Railway over Easter weekend
- Swindon signwriter heads for final of Dulux Decorator Centres Apprentice of the Year
To be or not to be - Hamlet in Swindon 29 - 30 November
Icarus Theatre Collective and Harrogate Theatre present the national tour of Hamlet: Prince of Denmark
Does revenge justify murder?
The spirit of a murdered king, the wrath of a vengeful son, and the turmoil of Denmark in 1604. Shakespeare’s most iconic and challenging play - arguably the world’s greatest dramatic work - tells the tale of young Prince Hamlet avenging his father’s death and fighting the new King who stole his throne.
He questions: Do I murder the king now or wait for proof? Are women constant and worthy or flippant and unfaithful? Is life worth living? To be or not to be…
Hamlet asks these questions as he struggles to find one moral absolute in a murderous, corrupt world.
Condensed and using solely Shakespeare’s text, this will be a fresh, kinetic, and above all accessible production, perfect for students and adults alike to learn or re-visit the story. This is an ensemble play which blends realism, physical theatre and a musical score.
Free programmes for school groups.
Monday 29 & Tuesday 30 November, 7.30pm
Box office: 01793 614837