- 10 tips to make massive savings on Christmas gifts - without going into battle on Black Friday
- Missing Swindon girl found safe and well
- STFC supporters raise £2,400 at County Ground race night
- Clio overturns after collision with Landrover, three injured
- Say 'No' to domestic violence in Swindon all year round
- Swindon designer wraps locomotive which honours those who died in World War I
- What's the future of cycling in Swindon? - Meeting
Thamesdown Transport restructures tickets and fares
On Sunday 6 April, Thamesdown Transport will revise the prices of some tickets and fares as a result of rising costs. The move sees the bus company withdrawing return fares in the Swindon urban area and launching a new ‘Family DayRider’ ticket.
"We have simplified our ticket range by withdrawing return fares in the urban area," said Paul Jenkins, Managing Director. "We are also introducing a new Family DayRider ticket which offers great value for money. For just £6, a group of up to two adults and three children travelling together can get a day’s unlimited travel in Swindon. Our new range offer customers a choice of single fares, DayRider tickets, or TravelPasses covering a week, a month, or up to a year."
While fares for adult singles in one zone and child singles remain unchanged, there will be changes to other bus fares in Swindon and on rural routes. "Like motorists generally, we have been affected by rising fuel prices,"said Paul, "So far this year, we have spent over £229,000 more than expected on fuel."
"We do now need to ask customers to pay a little more for their journeys. It has been at least a year since we revised our bus fares and some ticket prices are changing for the first time since 2006. A weekly TravelPass, for example, is increasing by £1, which represents an average of just 4.2% per year since it last changed in January 2006."
Details of the restructured tickets and fares can be found in a new Fares Guide, available at Thamesdown’s Travel Shop in Fleming Way or online at www.thamesdown-transport.co.uk.