- Sharp eyes at Swindon opticians results in advert award
- North Swindon MP wins national road safety award
- New car park in Swindon gives town centre scope to grow
- Santa and reindeers drop into Swindon primary school
- Burning issues still to be addressed over plans for Swindon incinerator plant
- Caring youngster's picture captures hearts of contest judges
- Cheeky boys at Swindon rugby club meet up with Dame Trot
Shadow minister helps target North Swindon election seat
Hilary Benn MP, Labour's Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, right, visited Swindon on Thursday to support Mark Dempsey, Labour's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the North Swindon constituency, a key target for Labour at the next General Election.
Hilary and Mark held a question and answer session in Haydon Wick before meeting parents and campaigning with Labour activists outside Abbey Meads Community Primary School.
North Swindon is one of 106 battleground seats where Labour will be focusing its efforts to secure a working majority at the next General Election.
Mark Dempsey said: “This visit was particularly important at a time when more than 4,500 working families in North Swindon are being hit by the Government’s strivers’ tax.
"They are among the millions of working families in this country paying the price of Tory failure. While millions pay more, the Tories are cutting taxes for millionaires. We deserve better, which is why we are campaigning for real change for Swindon and a Labour Government in 2015.”
Below, Hilary Benn with Mark Dempsey, right, meeting a parent and pupil with her artwork at Abbey Meads Primary School
Images of Vince Cable visit above by Richard Wintle ©Calyx Multimedia, 41, Churchward Avenue, Rodbourne Cheney, Swindon SN2 1NJ • 01793 520131 MOB: 07836 205196 www.calyxpix.com