- Liz Hurley dazzles in Swindon - for a very good cause
- Estate of Brave New World illustrator helps artists of today
- North Swindon 20 years on - first family to move to Abbey Meads
- Martial Arts instructor who abused young student is jailed
- Reviving a future for Swindon's Baptist Tabernacle
- 11 things to do around Swindon this weekend
- Man who went missing in Swindon returns home
Oxfam volunteers required to boost Swindon fundraising
A local Swindon woman wishing to raise money for Oxfam’s humanitarian relief operations is calling for other like-minded volunteers to assist her in organising and carrying out street, train station and other collections in the local area.
Gill Sainsbury, who has taken on the voluntary role of Emergency Response Coordinator, is eager for others to join her in getting involved and raising money for both Oxfam’s current Food Crisis Appeal in East Africa, as well as for future emergencies.
Says Gill, "I'm really excited to be able to get involved with such an important global charity by doing things in my local community - I think fundraising for Oxfam can bring many different people together with a shared aim of alleviating poverty and suffering."
Anyone who would like to donate a few hours a week following emergencies and humanitarian catastrophes, can contact Gill through the Oxfam South West office in Bristol on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07584 207128.