- Renewed appeal for wanted man from Swindon
- Swindon designer repeats award-winning garden
- The Archbishop of Canterbury visits Swindon
- Link Centre Swindon welcomes back Jazz Carlin
- ADHD Inspiration Day in October at Lydiard House will offer bright ideas to parents
- Arkell’s signs three year deal with Swindon Town Football Club
- Swindon v Coventry - pictures by Richard Wintle
Oxfam volunteers required to boost Swindon fundraising
A local Swindon woman wishing to raise money for Oxfam’s humanitarian relief operations is calling for other like-minded volunteers to assist her in organising and carrying out street, train station and other collections in the local area.
Gill Sainsbury, who has taken on the voluntary role of Emergency Response Coordinator, is eager for others to join her in getting involved and raising money for both Oxfam’s current Food Crisis Appeal in East Africa, as well as for future emergencies.
Says Gill, "I'm really excited to be able to get involved with such an important global charity by doing things in my local community - I think fundraising for Oxfam can bring many different people together with a shared aim of alleviating poverty and suffering."
Anyone who would like to donate a few hours a week following emergencies and humanitarian catastrophes, can contact Gill through the Oxfam South West office in Bristol on email@example.com, or 07584 207128.