- Dig out your bunting in Swindon. Organise a Big Lunch on 1 June
- Labour shadow minister visits Lydiard Park Swindon
- Regent Circus naked, ready for cover up in Swindon town centre
- New F-35B to make Euro debut at airshow near Swindon
- Swindon group bids to protect Lydiard House & Park
- Super secret war plane to be seen near Swindon in July
- Swindon primary pupils learn how to coppice trees
Oxfam volunteers required to boost Swindon fundraising
A local Swindon woman wishing to raise money for Oxfam’s humanitarian relief operations is calling for other like-minded volunteers to assist her in organising and carrying out street, train station and other collections in the local area.
Gill Sainsbury, who has taken on the voluntary role of Emergency Response Coordinator, is eager for others to join her in getting involved and raising money for both Oxfam’s current Food Crisis Appeal in East Africa, as well as for future emergencies.
Says Gill, "I'm really excited to be able to get involved with such an important global charity by doing things in my local community - I think fundraising for Oxfam can bring many different people together with a shared aim of alleviating poverty and suffering."
Anyone who would like to donate a few hours a week following emergencies and humanitarian catastrophes, can contact Gill through the Oxfam South West office in Bristol on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07584 207128.