- ADHD Inspiration Day for parents at Lydiard House will offer bright ideas to parents
- Arkell’s signs three year deal with Swindon Town Football Club
- Swindon v Coventry - pictures by Richard Wintle
- Man charged following fatal crash in North Swindon
- Free 4 week training programme in Swindon for young people wanting to work in Retail
- Swindon painter first artist in residence at Bournemouth Air Festival
- Police launch Community Messaging service in West Swindon
Moonbear Walk for Freedom on Sunday 18 September
Starting at 11am from Peatmoor Lagoon, by Peatmoor Village Centre shops
Pictured right, ‘Swindon’s Moonbear’ Zebedee, named after the Magic Roundabout, enjoying life in the Animals Asia sanctuary after rescue from a life of barbaric incarceration on a bear farm
Swindon’s moonbear team are UKs best
The enthusiasm of Sarah and David Chilvers, Louise Wack and others who promote and fundraise in Swindon for Animals Asia has been applauded as the Support Group of the Year 2011-2012.
The charity works in China and Vietnam to shut down illegal farming of bears for their bile. Founder Jill Robinson said, “I love the Swindon support group for staying with the bears through thick and thin and being ever more creative and successful each year.
"They are an extraordinary group of people who have the truly beautiful, and somewhat goofy Zebedee as their mascot bear. They take full advantage of promoting him and the other bears wherever they possibly can. Their website is fabulous and brings even more supporters to the cause.
“Swindon, from the heart, thank you from us all for yet another year of truly magnificent dedication to the cause.”
Below, Jill Robinson, second from right, on a visit to a Swindon fundraiser in November 2010 with from left, Dave Chilvers, BBC Points West weather man Richard Angwin, Sarah Chilvers, Hanif Robbani of the Bombay Lounge, Dave Neale of Animals Asia