- Woman who abused dementia patients gets prison sentence
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Dignitaries join Diwali celebrations
- GWH to host Twitter Q&A sessions with dietitians
- Police issue £23k of traffic fines in week-long M4 blitz
- Timely safety reminder as clocks go back
- Town Gardens knifeman facing jail after admitting to attack
- Co-op hit by two robberies in two days: CCTV released
Fundraising to boost new mayor's charities, 16 & 17 June
Quiz to boost mayor's charities
Thursday 16 June, 7pm, in the Legends Lounge at the County Ground. Open to teams of four or five people. It is the first fundraiser of the year organised by Coun Ray Ballman, pictured.
The beneficiaries are the Open Door Centre in Gorse Hill, which helps adults with learning difficulties, and Swindon cares, which aims to engage all areas of the community to support people in the town.
Tickets for the event cost £6 per person and are available by calling Coun Ballman on 01793 694584.
Ladies lunch for charity
Councillor Ballman will be guest of honour at the second annual Swindon Ladies Charity Lunch in association with Bushwhackers, Fleet Street on Friday 17 June, 12.15pm.
The guest speakers are both men: Philip Weeks, a world renowned expert on natural medicine, acupuncture and face reading, and former Swindon Advertiser editor Dave King talking about autism.
The event will raise money for Willows Counselling Service, Christ Church, Old Town and the Swindon branch of the National Autistic Society.
It will also give everyone the chance to network with each other and share experiences about work and life in general.
For tickets at £15, mail Marilyn Fitzgerald: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sally Smith on 07787 435524.