- Dig out your bunting in Swindon. Organise a Big Lunch on 1 June
- Labour shadow minister visits Lydiard Park Swindon
- Regent Circus naked, ready for cover up in Swindon town centre
- New F-35B to make Euro debut at airshow near Swindon
- Swindon group bids to protect Lydiard House & Park
- Super secret war plane to be seen near Swindon in July
- Swindon primary pupils learn how to coppice trees
Fundraising to boost new mayor's charities, 16 & 17 June
Quiz to boost mayor's charities
Thursday 16 June, 7pm, in the Legends Lounge at the County Ground. Open to teams of four or five people. It is the first fundraiser of the year organised by Coun Ray Ballman, pictured.
The beneficiaries are the Open Door Centre in Gorse Hill, which helps adults with learning difficulties, and Swindon cares, which aims to engage all areas of the community to support people in the town.
Tickets for the event cost £6 per person and are available by calling Coun Ballman on 01793 694584.
Ladies lunch for charity
Councillor Ballman will be guest of honour at the second annual Swindon Ladies Charity Lunch in association with Bushwhackers, Fleet Street on Friday 17 June, 12.15pm.
The guest speakers are both men: Philip Weeks, a world renowned expert on natural medicine, acupuncture and face reading, and former Swindon Advertiser editor Dave King talking about autism.
The event will raise money for Willows Counselling Service, Christ Church, Old Town and the Swindon branch of the National Autistic Society.
It will also give everyone the chance to network with each other and share experiences about work and life in general.
For tickets at £15, mail Marilyn Fitzgerald: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sally Smith on 07787 435524.