- Regent Circus naked, ready for cover up in Swindon town centre
- New F-35B to make Euro debut at airshow near Swindon
- Swindon group bids to protect Lydiard House & Park
- Super secret war plane to be seen near Swindon in July
- Swindon primary pupils learn how to coppice trees
- Swindon Mayor issues statement of resignation
- From China to Coate Water. Animals Asia Swindon welcomes charity founder aboard dragon boat
Swindon & Cricklade Railway appeals for scaffolding
For the last five years, a small team at the Swindon & Cricklade Railway has been working hard to restore a 1907 Great Western Railway coach from a very derelict condition to as new condition, so that visitors to the railway will be able to ride in it and learn what travel on “God’s Wonderful Railway” would have been like 100 years ago.
Work has progressed so well that they are now ready to fit the new roof. But, railway coaches are all over four metres high and scaffolding and/or other walkways are needed to get on top of the job.
The railway is appealing to local companies for help.
Does anyone, or any company have equipment or scaffolding that is suitable, which they would be prepared to give or loan to the railway? (Registered Charity No 1067447) The coach is 18.5 metres long and 2.5 metres wide.
Offers of help to Nick Bailey on 01793 340269.