- South Swindon MP to help CALM bag pack at Waitrose on 22 December
- Calling all artists in Swindon to a transformation
- Sadness at passing of loved North Swindon mum Anne-Marie Burgess
- Dietitians lead Foodbank collection at Great Western Hospital Swindon
- 47 Christmas church services in Swindon
- Get your skates on and hit the ice at the Link Centre
- DIARY OF A POP STAR - PART 2: Driving home for Christmas
Swindon & Cricklade Railway appeals for scaffolding
For the last five years, a small team at the Swindon & Cricklade Railway has been working hard to restore a 1907 Great Western Railway coach from a very derelict condition to as new condition, so that visitors to the railway will be able to ride in it and learn what travel on “God’s Wonderful Railway” would have been like 100 years ago.
Work has progressed so well that they are now ready to fit the new roof. But, railway coaches are all over four metres high and scaffolding and/or other walkways are needed to get on top of the job.
The railway is appealing to local companies for help.
Does anyone, or any company have equipment or scaffolding that is suitable, which they would be prepared to give or loan to the railway? (Registered Charity No 1067447) The coach is 18.5 metres long and 2.5 metres wide.
Offers of help to Nick Bailey on 01793 340269.